• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

powder horns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derrick Pugh

36 Cal.
Reaction score
04-02-06_1457.jpg
These are my first powder,primer horns and loading block and patch knife I plan on getting better but you have to start somewhere. I have learned alot from this forum thanks. :hatsoff:

Yellowhammer

I think you did a fantastic job for your first time.
As you get more into the art of crafting powder horns, you'll find that there's a lot of different things you can do with horns such as panels, engrailing etc. etc.

If you plan on making more horns in the future, I highly suggest getting the book "Recreating the 18th century powder horn" A lot of the fancy stuff I thought was too tough for me to do is demonstrated step by step.......check it out and I guarantee you'll get tons of good ideas for your next horns.

Yellowhammer,
Very nice, first effort or not! That
patch knife is a bit longer than I like mine,but
it is nice. To each his own :thumbsup:
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Nice work...are you going to scrimshaw that open space..it cries out for it..Hank

Thank you all for the kind words, I plan on making more. It's very gratifying to make your own accoutrements, It's brought me closer to my ancestors and makes blackpowder shooting that much more fun... :grin:
Yellowhammer

Latest posts

Back