• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

powder measures

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dalenabq, Most of the carving you can do with a Dremel tool
and some needle files and the scrimshaw with a homemade tool or graver. I just use a walnut stain same as I use on gunstocks.

Nice, fine detail work on those antler tips, Maestro.

What are you using to color the antler and the turkey bone?

AZ - I can't take any credit for the powder measures but I do know the gentleman that made the two antler tips. He's a local PA craftsman - he colors the antler tips with brown onion skins - boiled in water with a little vinegar to set the dye - after about a half hour, they start to look yellowish and the longer they're left in, the darker they get. He doesn't have a website of his own but he does attend alot of the Eastern events and I know that he supplies Cabin Creek Muzzleloading with some of the items on their "Accouterments" page (see Musketman's link above). Besides the powder measures, he makes some very nice ball/shot pouches and priming horns.

Back