• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken 60

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I was wondering if many of you have used Swiss powder. If so do you see much difference in your groups at the range. Its my understanding that you will get more consistent velocities than you do with Goex. Curious if any of you have found this to be true.

I have used both 2 and 3F and still have both. I use 2F in my .12ga smoothie. The 3F I just found not long ago hidden away. I figure I will use in my .36 cal Squirrel rifle. When I used it in my .54 and .58 it was very accuarte and clean burning but I found I can get the same small groups using Graff powder, then it was, do I spend twice as much for a lb of powder or is it really worth it? I'm a hunter not a paper puncher. If I shot in serious competition then I might think about using Swiss, as I don't, I really don't need it. But it is the best powder for sure and priced as such.

Back