• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Prepared a good ground blind today!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany!

Today I went out with my son and we looked and stalked a bit around in the hunting ground. Then we walked from the main trail into a blind trial which is only about 100 meters long and was made to transport harvested wood out of the havesting area. When stalking this trail we saw many roedeer tracks crossing the trail coming from the left out of a thicket and going to a forest area uphill. so I decided to built a ground blind under a big firtree. There I'll make an attempt tomorrow morning with my .54 smoothie flinter.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Kirrmeister said:
Hello from Germany!

Today I went out with my son and we looked and stalked a bit around in the hunting ground. Then we walked from the main trail into a blind trial which is only about 100 meters long and was made to transport harvested wood out of the havesting area. When stalking this trail we saw many roedeer tracks crossing the trail coming from the left out of a thicket and going to a forest area uphill. so I decided to built a ground blind under a big firtree. There I'll make an attempt tomorrow morning with my .54 smoothie flinter.

Regards

Kirrmeister
Good luck. Sure wish I was able to hunt already.
Dan

Hi Pork Chop!

Thanks for the wishes. You are always welcome here in Germany to do some good hunting in the Bavarian mountains.

Regards

Kirrmeister

That is very kind of you Kirrmeister. Perhaps one day I can return to Germany and we can go hunting. That would be wunderbar!

I am waiting with bated breath for November 1st for New Hampshire's opening day and then it is December 15th to the 31st for Massachusetts muzzleloader.

I do have one reprive, so to speak. Massachusetts black bear opens September 2nd so I will be out in the Berkshires for a long weekend. Then it is archery in Connecticut for September 15th.

Kirrmeister, let us all know of your progress.

Kirrmeister said:
And how long does it go and how are the prices for foreigners?

Kirrmeister

Here in Northeast Florida:

Archery season is Sept 20 - Oct. 19

Muzzleloading Gun season is Oct. 25 - Nov. 2

General Gun season is Nov. 8 - Jan 18 2009

Antlerless Deer is open Nov 15 - Nov 21

Non-resident hunting licenses are $46.50 for a 10 day permit and $151.50 for an annual license. Add to that fees such as Management Area $26.50 and Muzzleloading Gun $5. The Muzzleloading Gun permit is only needed if hunting in the Muzzleloading Gun season, and the Management Area fee is if hunting on public lands.

The bag limits are pretty generous too. 2 per season for the special seasons (Archery and Muzzleloading gun) The possesion limit is 4.

Thanks for the info Pork Chop!

The season here in Germany is very long. It starts in May with roe deer and in June with red deer and ends at end of january. There are now serious gun restrictions, any firearm (longarm) can be used which fullfills the law.But the law only gives the minimum 100 m energy for cartridge rifles. For all other guns (ML, shotgun)no energy ruled.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Happy to help Kirrmeister! Your season is VERY long. Lots of time to make meat there.

Kirrmeister said:
Thanks for the info Pork Chop!

The season here in Germany is very long. It starts in May with roe deer and in June with red deer and ends at end of january. There are now serious gun restrictions, any firearm (longarm) can be used which fullfills the law.But the law only gives the minimum 100 m energy for cartridge rifles. For all other guns (ML, shotgun)no energy ruled.

Regards

Kirrmeister
Sounds like great fun over there. Any idea what the restrictions, if any, for foreigners to hunt there? My ancestors are from Germany, so it would be nice to give it a try someday. Good luck out there.
Dan

Hi oneeye!

Here in Germany we have not much restrictions for foreign hunters. When you want to hunt you need a german foreigners hunting licence. you get it when you show your american hunting licence to the german authorities. This german foreigners hunting licence is valid for 14 days and costs € 15,-. It allows you to possess and use hunting guns during your time here. Further more you need and hunting invitation from a german hunter. That was it.So the best thing is you know someone here. Any US-ML hunter from the ML forum will be welcome in my hunting area.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Hello from Germany!

Yesterday evening I sat the first time in my groundblind. Saw a big badger, but was not able to shoot, because the old boy was a bit fast running downhill, guess he had about 13-14 kg. After it was dark I went back to my car and saw in the moonshine a roe doe on the trail. Shooting was also impossible because of less light and open sights on my .45 Hawken Woodsman from Ardesa/Traditions.

Will have another try this evening.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Sounds like a great hunt. I have never seen a badger. Hope you get a big deer. Let us know and post pics. Good luck!!!!

Back