• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Presto! Now shes a flintlock!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A while back, I bought a curiously customized T/ C Hawken flintlock for the purpose of using the lock and barrel for my factory laminate stocked percussion Hawken. If a laminated stock Hawken strikes you as pecular, try one with a Fajen pistol grip stock! The triggerguard tang was trimmed and inletted. Overall a nice job.
But just... odd?
The barrel is an unfinished, except by age, kit barrel and the lock goes in sooo nicely.
I'm gonna do some front sight work so I can use the aperture without adjustment. Both barrels like the same load. The T/ C aperture is a nifty sight but it lacks precisely repeatable adjustments.
I like to keep things simple(r) when I can.
My first muzzleloader was a flintlock T/ C Hawken that I begged my Mom to buy for me back in 1979. Of course, being iggorant, and 16, I knew nothing about what I was doing and ruined it.
So this is kind of a homage I suppose.
And having a switch barrel Hawken that uses the same loads is a bonus!

Percussion, original configuration, and flintlock.
Curiously, the sights are Patridge and not bead and U notch. They're T/C, but I've never seen such on a Hawken.
The barrels a pre warning, Cal 50, K204xxx serial number.

Attachments

• 20241009_164003.jpg
    20241009_164003.jpg
    3.6 MB
  • 20241009_165730.jpg
    20241009_165730.jpg
    3.4 MB
Back