• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pretty symmetrical 10 pointer in the back yard...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
Month & a half more to grow...

071512-10PointerinBackyard.jpg

wattlebuster said:
Looks like jerky on the hoof to me. Looking forward to seeing him posed with your early virginia this fall :thumbsup:
Oh no, can't shoot our local pets...LOL
Its been so terribly hot/humid this past month, I keep a little 4lb salt brick and a pail of fresh water out for them...throw out whatever we have left over like stale bread, apple cores, watermelon rinds, etc.
They wander through at any hour of the day making the rounds from house to house in the sub-division looking for handouts...good entertainment

Here in Georgia archery season opens September 8th. I wish it was later, hunting with 90 degree temps and skeeters aint much fun (I do it anyway :rotf: )

lorren68 said:
Here in Georgia archery season opens September 8th. I wish it was later, hunting with 90 degree temps and skeeters aint much fun (I do it anyway :rotf: )
Same here...until a heart attack in 1999 sawed my sternum open for a 4X bypass, had to skip a year bow hunting as I couldn't pull a bow back until the sternum healed.
Discovered Flintlocks and never regained an interest in bow hunting again...hated hunting in that heat & humidity anyway...LOL

Sometimes you don't have to travel far for nice bucks! I'm fortunate to be backed up to thousands of acres of woods, so can hunt very close to home.

See new pic of 10 (11)pt posted in my "Whitetail Dreamin'" post. With 1 1/2 months of growing to do yet, this guy has some real potential.

Back