• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Primitive" shooting at NMLRA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve heard it’s too wet, it’s too hot , its too far and it’s too much walking …
Cry me a river…

View attachment 330482
View attachment 330483

It’s not for everyone I guess…..🤷‍♂️
Got any pics of you and your attire…?
Did you camp? Tent or tin teepee?

If it was such a dreadful experience, I definitely would not go back….

Geees , I’m glad the weather was nice!🤣
Hello Smo. I was at the June shoot at Friendship for nine days. I shot in 23 matches, mostly on the offhand range. I shot the forum woodswalk and pistol matches on the primitive range. All the people that run the primitive range have always been very helpful to me. They work hard to make it safe and fun. I have been shooting there spring and fall for 13 years so my opinion is not based on 1 short visit. I shot 3 matches in small bore silhouette. They have made improvements to the ranges and facilities each year. The weather was great. I look forward to the September shoot. Thanks to all the dedicated volunteers on all the ranges for your hard work. It is commendable. I have no complaints.

Thank you for your reply 1st Sgt!

You are exactly right they have made several improvements over the past few years..
Hopefully the trend will continue.

I’m not one of the regular shooters that attends every shoot, but I’ve been there several times and the changes are visible..and for the most part , better in my opinion.

I don’t agree or understand some of the issues that have been brought up concerning the sheep sheds and camp grounds.

But all & all I think the NMLRA and it’s Volunteers have greatly improved the facilities and have made some worthwhile changes.
Replacing the steps behind the Blockhouse was one that needed done for sure..

Along with the improvements too the woods walk and the addition of the new H& K course,, which I haven’t had the opportunity too try out yet.

I’m glad y’all had a good trip and the weather cooperated, for once..

I assume you kicked butt and took names again on the Forum woods walk..👍🤣

357BCEDF-5B0E-4CD9-ADFE-BD4030903934.jpeg

RIP Trent…

Back