• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Primitive Weapons" v. Firearms Hunts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
roundball said:
North Carolina is excellent in this regard.
A $40 Sportsman license gives complete hunting, trapping, fishing...bow, ML, gun, state game lands, 6 deer tags, 2 turkey tags, plus tags for bear and boar. I hunt exclusively with Flintlocks year round...ML rifles or smoothbores in any all seasons (except bow) no caliber restrictions, etc...tremendous deal for $40...you're covered for anything that swims, crawls, walks, or flys.

(Waterfowl needs a $15 Fed duck stamp of course)

I'll second that, NC is a good place to hunt! And the more I hear of some other states' policies, the more I appreciate NC. :thumbsup:

Swamp Rat said:
Mines 12.50 :blah:

My Texas super combo that has every tag imaginable from turkey to mule deer as well as fishing and all the special stamps is FREE because I'm active duty military.
:blah:
:)

HD

I get landowner any deer and bonus doe tags free. I can also get my turkey tags free.I get a hunting fishing combo each year for 19 bucks. Missouri isnt that bad. I havent shot a deer with anything but a muzzleloader for five years.I use my .58 during centerfire season.

Waltr said:
.... it’s the Great Sovereign Confederate State of Georgia that doesn’t permit BP weapons during regular firearms deer season hunts, and I’m trying to discover why.

.....and if you Yanks are happy to shell out $167 for Connecticut’s “favor” of a short BP deer season,.....

Hey, the wars over dude - YOU LOST! So keep it to yourself. :shake:

And for a cool grand u can get a lifetime hunting and fishing license with all the stamps. Guess if you don't have one foot in the grave this might be a good investment :hmm:

Okay, I was confused enough by this to send an email out to the DNR. Where are you getting 19 dollars for the BP stamp? According to the 2008-2009 regs it is still 8 dollars :hatsoff: I searched through the regs and havent found anything that says we can't use our muzzleloaders during the firearms season here in Georgia. But I did send out an email to see if it is some unwritten law that they havent published in the last couple of years. I will post up in the next couple of days when I recieve a response.

Well I just recieved the reply from the Georgia DNR office this evening. Here is what they had to say.

From Judy Fuller, DNR Office, Georgia

"Yes you can use the primitive weapons firearm [black powder] during the deer primitive weapons season and regular deer season, small game season and turkey season also. Enjoy! GBY"

Sincerely,

Judy Fuller, Secretary II
Georgia Department of Natural Resources
Wildlife Resources Division
Walton Game Management Section
2065 U.S. Highway 278 S.E., Rm. 616
Social Circle, GA 30025

SO I hope this clears up any confusion to all of you that hunt in Georgia. You can use your flinters and cappers during any season here in Georgia :thumbsup: So good hunting folks, and take care. :hatsoff:

Back