• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pyrodex in flintlocks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
redleg2 said:
I screwed up the spelling of "hygroscopic"...
also, I find Pyrodex fouling softer, as Sam Fadala has talked about.
I Haven't found Pyro fouling to be softer, just less of it. I have fooled around with Pyro, 777, and APP in black powder cartridge rifles and percussion revolvers and found they all work well, but not as well as real black powder, not to mention they cost 2X as much!
The most corrosive I have found is APP, better clean your gun at the range or else it's ruined.... :(

I know a guy with one that has electronic ignition!
As for the substitutes, Why? They cost more, and do not perform as well as BP, plus they are not an original. This is why we are into TRADITIONAL guns, right?

Oh yea..... Traditional..... ohhhhhhhhhh.

Geee, I almost forgot... :wink:

Back