• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Question for Stumpkiller

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdirondakDD

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Was the county you hunt in on the new rifle list. My property is surronded by state forest now they can use rifles. Montgomery co was No hunting back in the 60's. Too many dairy farms, now the farms are subdivisions.

legalimp.gif

Well lookie there! I hunt in Tioga County. Too late for this year, but it looks like I may have to dust off the old .303 SMLE for opening day next year. I have an empty scope mount on it at the moment.

I was planning on using my new flintlock for regular season this year.

Thanks for the map. I also have 303 SMLE, one made by Savage and two made in India. I will be using my Marlin 444 this year. Good Luck

:thanks: for posting the map. Those boundries on the map takes some of the guessing out of it. Wasn't sure what the East side of the river was seen as it runs East/West throught the south tier ::.

I haven't used a long gun for deer since I started hunting 14 years ago so the rifle issue didn't matter to me as much as others. I started using my front loader pistol during regular season 5 years ago and I don't think I'll change now. Besides if the new rifle law was to help knock down more deer it wouldn't make much difference with my bag limit. I take what we eat and the rest walk. :winking:

seen in wed. paper, montgomery co. trying to get their county out of the rifle thing,too much open land w/ farms and MANY worries from landowners who don't want rifles used on their land.if the law stays, you'll see ALOT of posted signs going up.we don't need that anywhere! rifles or open land? i'll take open land..... really wish herkimer co. would follow montgomery...scares me to death,,,seen some of these guys w/ shotguns, rifle is just downright scary! gotta understand,there's hills all the way around my house,and you could hit the house from the OTHER side of any of them... just my opinion! good luck montgomery co...!

Must be real scary with all those folk with real rifles and all those animals hiding behind your house.

my guess is that this is the camel's nose. Won't be long until almost every where in the state is rifle country. Hell, in MHO, the whole state has been rifle country since they allowed center fire pistols of any Cal. It started out .35 cal and barrel under 14", but it didn't take long to switch that

Seems the state REALLY misses the lost licence revenue from the stump jumpers in PA, and is trying to lure them back across the line by allowing the use of their favorite PA gun. :m2c: :crackup:

with that said, I believe in live and let live, I just hope we don't have any more accidents this year because of them. Just one will cause all sorts of negitive PR (that's public relations BTW :))for hunting in general. again, :m2c:

Back