• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ramrod help please

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swampthang said:
How does the weight of a tubular brass rod compare to the standard wood rod?
I don't have the specs or scales to weigh them but I just went in and hefted an original TC 28+3/4" resin impregnated rod, and then an October Country .060" thick wall tubular brass rod with solid brass ends pinned in place and would say the brass rod weighed about twice as much as the wood rod...if anything 2.5 times...a pleasant feeling bit of extra weight...won't kick your butt still hunting but helps me reduce muzzle wander for off hand shooting.

Note:
The 3/8" solid brass rods add an extra pound or so out front and really help accuracy, but are a killer to still hunt with in a small caliber barrel that is already heavy to begin with...doesn't matter too much with the larger .58 &.62cal bores.

Enco is also a pretty good source for that kind of thing (brass tubing, etc)... look under the 'Raw Materials' category.

I have a 42 inch swamped barrel, and dont notice the wieght differnce.

But then my rifle weights 8 pounds and is so balanced. Im figuring it wieghts 2x what the wood one did.

Latest posts

Back