• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Range/Cleaning Rod - Great Plains Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just got a substitute "Rugged Rod" from RMC to give my GPR's original a rest at the range.. Reportedly unbreakable.....seems to do the trick.

BobW

Don't know what that one is like, but I've had two unbreakable synthetic range rods that were made of that black, very flexible stuff...both of them broke.
:shocking:

I have two of em, One for a stock barrel that is nice, won't bend,, the other for my 31 inch barrel, it's a joke, it's like a wet noodle..

I buy the polymer rods in 36" lengths, cut em down to about 2" longer than my barrel and use as a ramrod/cleaning rod.

Are they flexible 100% polymer rods, or is it a polymer coating over a stiff inner core of fiberglass or something?

Reason I ask is that TC used to sell polymer covered fiberglass range rods that are outstanding...the polymer eliminates the need for a muzzle guide, and the stiff fiberglass core makes for a strong manageable rod.

The bad news is they stopped making them a few years ago...they still make them for some rifles but not range rods...(go figure)...and their current range rod is an anodized aluminum range rod requiring a muzzle guide which I hate to use.

So that's why I was wondering about the polymer rods you mentioned, what they were made of, where you bought them, etc.

Been awhile, but I'm pretty sure I ordered them from cheaper than dirt, may have been somewhere else though. Not much help am I? :: I looked on cheaper than dirt, but did not see the rods I have, sorry. I'll keep looking though.

Back