• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Range Report Pedersoli Frontier

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapow

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Second time at the range for the Pedersoli Frontier. 54 flinter. First few shots low and right. Tap tap on the sight. Out comes the file. I took a tiny shaving off at a time. I learned that one the hard way!

Next shot, bullseye at fifty metres, off a makeshift benchrest. A couple more shots before committing to it. All three shots touching at 50 metres. Hmmm this is looking good. File a few more whiskers off the front sight.

Next few shots two inches high at 12oclock, right where I want them. I'm pretty happy. This gun is a shooter.

Just to be sure a few shots at 100m were 4-5 inches low at 6oclock. This rifle is going to be deadly medicine. No misfires, one swab between shots. The flint outlasts any other of my flintlocks. I'm very happy I bought it. Load is 85gn Wano FFFg 0.530 ball and pillow ticking with wonder lube. It seems to have quite a tight bore, unlike my. 50 cal Pedersoli Kentucky.

Then I got my Lyman Gph and fired three shots off the bench at 100m. When I looked through my spotting scope I started to giggle. The guy next to me shooting a scoped 0.243 couldn't believe it when he had a look. All shots in the coin sized bullseye. Two very accurate and reliable rifles to give me maximum confidence in the field.

What is lost in gun-rights social policy perspective you make up in very good shooting for your part as well. Congratulations in these!

I can verify this review. I was in the bay to the right shooting an under-hammer gun in .54 at a 100mm target.
My result were not as good as Mr Kapow, but then I am giving him 20 years in the eyesight department.
You gave a fine demonstration of the accuracy of a blackpowder rifle and what it can do achieve when the load, patch, lub and bullet are just right.

Latest posts

Back