• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Range report/pics TC Renegade

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jac Spring

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well had a chance to get to the range today and try out my TC Renegade just purchased.

I am very pleased.

I used Graf's ffg, dry .010" patches lubed with my own lube and Hornayd .490" balls. Range is 40 meters.

Target on the left is after initially sighting in and then got the sights adjusted spot-on for the right target.

I did swab between loads with Cabela's bp solvent and a dry patch.

HPIM0383.JPG

HPIM0384.JPG

On the right target, the two in the middle are the 1st and 3rd shots.

Had 100% function.

I have to say that I think I like shooting percussion better than flinters... more shooting and less trying to accomodate the rifle. But I'm still brand new to flinters, so I'll have to give it some more time.

Ain't no comparison, flinters are a lot more fun to shoot, :grin: although a bit more demanding in maintenance. But that Renegade looks like it just may be a shooter. Good shooting.

Rebel: I'm pleased that you like to shoot flintlocks however I don't think that the Percussion Forum is the place to glorify their perceived pleasure.

O.S.O.K.: Excellent shooting! :)
Nothing like a good shooting gun to help out too!
zonie :)

Good shooting. I myself just got into traditionals. I went out yesterday and fired 26 problem free shots in a row. I plan on getting into flintlocks when I have a little extra time and money.
Frank

Well shucks, how else are we supposed to bring people into the light if we don't point out the joys of the Real things? :grin:

How long before you get a fast twist barrel and long range sights? Looks like your doing well up close. :thumbsup:
Ron

Yea, but all of us over there already know about them, we need to get you boys to quit playin' with them toy cap guns, and start using real guns. :grin: But, i will stop now. Take care.

Good shooting. We had a bp match at the ARC range this past Sunday afternoon. There were only 4 shooters, but between us we have about 70 years of muzzleloading experience. One shooter is a member of the US international muzzleloading team.

Oor matches are the 4th Sunday of each month starting at 1:30 PM. You can come earlier and practice all you want. Our match in April will be on April 29th, the 5th Sunday due to a state match conflict. We shoot steel and paper and would be happy to help you any way we can.

Joel Lehman, Austin TX

Hmmm :hmm:

Lemme guess - one was named Paul who happened to be the match director? :haha:

Take a close look at the pictures above - look familiar? :rotf:

I wanted to attend that match but my scout troop outing (a cowboy camporee at the Agarita Ranch - a CAS "village") extened a bit longer than planned on Sunday and I was completely worn out - not having slept real good the night before :winking:

I would have been a danger on the range -that's how tired I was.

I'm hoping to make the next one though. :v

Thanks everybody for the kind comments :hatsoff:

O.S.O.K. nice job with the new gun and keep up the good work!
I too am very involved with the Boy Scouts. Currently a Chartered Organization Representative and proud Eagle Scout Dad. Taught my son's entire patrol how to shoot rifle & shotgun. Scouting and shooting go so well together :) .

We have a camporee coming up next month that will resemble a Rondy: Hawk throw, Sharpshooter (I'll be doing BP ML with my Eagle who also shoots BP League with Dad), Critter Tracking, Fire Building, Knot Tying and First Aid stations for the scouts to keep busy.

The campmaster for the event is a shooter himself and he promissed us a venison stew for Saturday night dinner...can't wait :) .

Again all the best with that fine-shooting smokepole :thumbsup: , Dave

them holey papers looks good. :thumbsup: Now we need to move them out some 100m more. :grin:

Yeah, I just got NRA certified for rifle instruction, so I'm looking forward to shooting with the boys - going to get my bp cert too when I can. Next is climbing/rapelling (my fat but dangling over the edge of a 60 ft. climbing tower :shocked2: ). I'm currently the scoutmaster but have been an asm for about 4 years now - also have an Eagle Scout in my brood and a Life - who will also earn his Eagle in time unless something unforseen happens.
----

Titus - you and Idaho Ron... yeah, I'm actually thinking of selling my flinter and taking some of the cash and getting one of those long range barrel set-ups. Looks like fun - my club has a 200 yard range (gotta check on shooting bp at that range though - rules-wise - yeah, I know, there's no reason not to but rules is rules you know).

Thanks again for the comments ya'll.

It looks like there are three shots in the bull on the right target. Am I missing something? You were shooting ball so I know there was no keyholing.

Pittsburghunter said:
It looks like there are three shots in the bull on the right target. Am I missing something? You were shooting ball so I know there was no keyholing.

Yep - looks that way, but there were only three shots total - the left target shows the sight-in holes with stickers over them - first shot out of her just nicking the top of the paper (with some sticker "outline" covering it) and then the second, third and 4th shots going down and then I adjusted too far left but decided to shoot a group. Adjusted right and down an ooch and shot the three in the right target. First was dead on the bull, second a little high, third kissing the first.

I shot with my left hand resting on the sand bag and my right elbow resting on another bag to my right on the bench - should maintain the poi with off-hand with this load.

Then, I got out my Colt dragoon and shot it - pics on the pistol forum.

O.S.One Kill said:
HPIM0384.JPG

On the right target, the two in the middle are the 1st and 3rd shots....
The lad who sneeze at second shot :hmm: is he still alive?? :rotf:

:hatsoff: Icy

P.S. Nice rifle, congratulation! Would like to have one T/C but no importer in Slovenia ... :(

Latest posts

Back