• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Range rod +

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We all know that necessity is the mother of all invention well back in 1991 when I got my GPR the original ramrod didn

Roaddog,

That's pretty cool, I've been wondering if a guy were to get a "after-market" ramrod, which would be the best one.

That being said there are synthetics or wood, I've heard all kinds of stuff about the indestructable sythetics - what do you guy's think of as the best ramrod. Sythetics do hold some appeal if they won't break seein' I hunt for the most part.

Spot

I've settled on solid brass ones for my TC Hawkens...strong as an Ox, matches the Hawken brass furniture, and the extra weight out front helps my offhand accuracy...I keep a muzzleguide slid onto the cleaning jag so it's always there when I pull it out of my pouch

I use an aluminum range rod with muzzle protector for cleaning and swabbing between shots at the range... As for my ramrod's to load with, I've used birch when I had to, but prefer good ol' hickory rods... Right now all my muzzle loaders have the hickory rod... I use the hickory rod with my hunting rifles as well... I guess I "heeded" the warning against barrel damage (muzzle wear) by those who know more then me, when it comes to the synthetic rods...

Latest posts

Back