• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rare Squirrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

410-er

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Went out this afternoon with the TC 32 Cherokee.Went 2 for 3 shots Even got a rare black and white one! :rotf:

6315992265_2853c6daca.jpg

i heard you may bring them back to life if you squeeze them real hard....try it..

OMG....
I looked at the OP's picture and the Tune of the "Beverly Hillbillies" immediately went off in my head.

Now I cant get it to stop!

either Rocky is a giant squirrel or Peppe' is a tad on the puny side!

Nice picture by the way!

True story. I work at a state park. A homeless guy was found grilling up road kill skunk in one of the campsites last summer. He was, obviously, not quite right in the head area, but he insisted he had the right to take road kill for food. :youcrazy: :idunno:

A few weeks later he was found out side one of the restrooms skinning out 5 ground squirrels that he had lured in with food then whacked over the head. Fish and Game showed up and wrote him a ticket for that one. No license. :nono: :rotf:

I once knew a guy who said that if a skunk was picked up by it's tail, it couldn't spray because it couldn't "get set" to use it's abdominal muscles to squeeze the scent sacs. In the "olden days" was skunk ever eaten by either the pioneers, native Americans or starving pilgrims? Hope you didn't ruin any meat on the black and white one. Nice photo....Fred

Fred, I don't think the skunk can spray when held by the tail because he emptied himself out already, as you approached! :grin:
Robby

Naw..you just gotta be quick. When I was 12 and hunting woodchucks in northern Minnesota, I was walking by a rock pile w/ tall hay surrounding it and saw the hay move. Thought it was a woodchuck and crept into the hay. Kinda peered over to get a better look and saw the "evil eye" below the raised tail of a skunk not more than 3 feet away. Musta been a skunk w/ slow reflexes because I quickly retreated, unscented. Once in awhile I think about this close encounter and think that this skunk would have been a prime candidate for a quick "tail job".....Fred

Back