• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Re-enactments/re-enactors in the St. Louis area?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stonecutter

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm supposed to be getting transferred to the St. Louis area sometime this year and was just wondering if anybody knew what kind of F & I and/or Rev war activities or groups there might be in that area? I don't know if I'm going to be able to go "cold turkey" from the best hobby in the whole world. :cry:

I'm not one, but there are a couple clubs in the area and there are several rendevous every year at Fort Chartres, Old Mines, Frontier Park in St. Charles (this would be more like a camping trip in town, but with your old time stuff), and others.

Here is a web site for one -
http://www.geocities.com/trappersofstarvedrock/

You can find links for some other local clubs by searching the net. Also try calling Trail Creek Trading in St. Anne, Missouri; they should be able to help you and tell you when the next meeting of the Gemmer Club will be held (it's once a month, but I don't remember which weekend).

Here a page with good links -
http://members.tripod.com/~jpfinn/roos.html#MO

Thank you for the links. I browsed both of them it looks like I'll have a lot to look into. Thanks again.

The St. Louis area was a hotbed of activity during the time of the Seven Years War. Fort de Chartres was started in 1728 to manage the mining activities across the river in Missouri. The French hoped to find silver, but all they found was lead.

I am a member of the First Regiment of Foote, a British Regiment during the F&I war. You can visit the web site of the First Royals:
First Royal Regiment of Foote

Other more civilian groups also exist over here. There are the Chasseurs du Datchurat. The April trade Fair at Fort de Chartres is something to put on your calendar. There is no better fix for the F&I reenactor than that trade faire.
Chasseurs du Datchurat

You didn't hear it here that they are sometimes called the Dutch Rat Chassers.

There are a number of French Militias that operate in the area. One of the better is the Millice de Ste Famille.

Milice de Ste Famille

Now after all this writing, I hope that you find your way to the Rendezvous at Fort de Chartres. You can find me with the First Regiment of Foote. I'll be there on Sunday June 5.

Mike P

Mike,

Thanks for the links to the different groups. I was afraid I was going to have to either go cold turkey :shocking:
travel long distances back to the east coast. Neither of which is a good choice. I'll probably lean toward one of the civilian militia units as that's what I do now. I tried the military units when I first started, but there was way too much marching :haha: and who in their right mind would stand in line to let the other side point guns at them anyway? :crackup:

Again, thanks very much for the contact info. :master: I probably won't be in St. Louis until some time near the end of the summer now, but I'll stay in touch. I'll actually be doing a F&I event myself in NJ on the 5th. What's so great about this event is that I get to use my new gun for the first time at this event. I just finished building it this past weekend. Major rush building up here. :winking:
Enjoy your weekend.

I'll be looking for you at the October F&I at Fort de Chartres or at the Winter Woods Walk in November. These are held on the first full weekend of the month, October 1&2, November 5&6.

The military can always use some good scouts.

The October date sounds like a good one. Are there any links to the event? Actually, now that I've looked at my schedule, the November event works also. I'm hoping to make it back to the east coast for an event at Fort Mifflin on 12-13.

Howdy Stonecutter,
Do you make and sell wooden lanterns with the domed tin punched tops? What part of PA do you hail from?

Latest posts

Back