• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Reasonably priced round ball rifle links needed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quoteYou may still find a Traditions on the shelf, but Traditions has gotten out of the side lock gun market and are only going to be doing in-lines.[/quote]

Are you sure about this? I have not heard this anywhere else and as already mentioned, their web site still shows their entire line of sidelocks

The only cheap looking thing is the front-sight, you can see very obtruding casting-marks.

Mine had a very clean front sight. Maybe you just happened to get a flubbed one? It happens. A little filing and touch-up bluing should fix it. Or contact Lyman for a new one.

Clutch, you didn't mention if you've ever tried a flintlock. You should try it if you haven't already. A quality one. A cheap one will just give you trouble and turn you off from it. But shoot a good one, and you'll be surprised how much fun they are. Either way, my vote is for a GPR.

I've heard these rumors before about both CVA and Traditions going to inlines-only. I called CVA a while back with a question about my Bobcat. I also asked about these rumors. They said they don't know how this rumor got started, but they have no plans to drop their sidelocks. Probably the same with Traditions, too.

I asked my local dealer about this very thing. He said Traditions is going to discontinue some of their longrifle reproductions only. He thought the Pennsylvania rifle would be one of the specific models to be discontinued, but wasn't sure,

Back