• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Recent hunting photos from UK.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks gents.

I make a meat loaf from the breast meat, an onion, black pepper and some bread.
Served with gravy or sliced for sandwiches it beats anything store bought.

Jess the little whippet x Belington does not fuss over pigeon but will occasionally retrieve a rabbit.

B.

Very well done Brit. Nice photos of the birds and your firearm. Jess is turning out to be a fine companion to you. That bunny looked to be half as big as Jess, is Tia still with you? Keep yer powder dry........robin :hmm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good pictures. :thumbsup: Always love to see the results of your hunts and the dog pictures.

You state Jess is a Whippet/Belington mix. I knew what a whippet looks like, but had to refresh my memory on a Belington...kind of looks like a sheep. Interestingly, the mix doesn't look like either! I agree with Sean...kind of looks like a minature Wolf Hound! Can definitely see the terrier in her, which a Belington is, but she sure doesn't seem to have the features of a Belington.

Regarding pigeon...is that a white meat? The only time I ate it was in Thailand and it was so heavily spiced and colored I really couldn't tell what it really looked or tasted like. Is it any good to eat just as breast "bits" cooked or do you have to mix it up with something to make it more palatable?

Spikebuck said:
Good pictures. :thumbsup: Always love to see the results of your hunts and the dog pictures.

You state Jess is a Whippet/Belington mix. I knew what a whippet looks like, but had to refresh my memory on a Belington...kind of looks like a sheep. Interestingly, the mix doesn't look like either! I agree with Sean...kind of looks like a minature Wolf Hound! Can definitely see the terrier in her, which a Belington is, but she sure doesn't seem to have the features of a Belington.

Regarding pigeon...is that a white meat? The only time I ate it was in Thailand and it was so heavily spiced and colored I really couldn't tell what it really looked or tasted like. Is it any good to eat just as breast "bits" cooked or do you have to mix it up with something to make it more palatable?
Thanks.

The pigeon is a red meat and quite strong, almost a liver flavour and dense.
I do grind it to suit my palette.

B

Nice to see a fellow BP hunter in the UK - and a beddy/whippet owner too! My lad won't retrieve pigeons but pheasants are OK. Grand little rabbit lamping dog, and hates foxes with a passion! (Within the limitations of the ban of course!)

My people believed that beloved "pets" go to The Happy Hunting Ground & are reborn young/healthy forever AND that when we "walk on" that we will be reunited with them. - I believe that your Tia is with Man Above.

As Will Rogers said, "If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they went."

yours, satx

Thanks gents :hatsoff:

Jess does have permanent bad hair days yes :haha:

She is catching quite well now.

She caught a hare recently which I am reliably informed is now illegal!
Only can they be shot and then retrieved by a dog!!
Anyway I started a night class for jess to get her up to speed on species identification.
Bad dog!

Night class.

B :hatsoff:

Back