• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

recently traded for rifle, what's it really worth?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clifford

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a rifle marked on one side of the barrel "Sears Roebuck and Co., Chicago, Il Made in Japan, Miroku 6466" and on another side "Kentucky Rifle Modle 292.51765 .45 Cal. Black Powder Only" The gun apparently has never been fired and except for one tip of the ramrod missing and a small chip from the butt of the stock next to the brass butt plate, it seems to be in mint condition. Anyone have an idea what it's worth? [*]

Cliff, I dunno, and without seeing it, it's pretty hard to say, but it sounds like the kind of thing I'd offer a hundred bucks for at a flea mkt...it'll be interesting to see what others say...Hank

Miroku made a rifle for Sears many years ago. It was similar to the early CVA Kentucky. It may have even had a two piece stock with a brass spacer in the forestock. Like the CVA rifle, it wasn't a true copy of an actual rifle and quality wasn't the best, but a lot of people got their start in B.P. shooting with them. Since they aren't rare collectibles, I'd go ahead and shoot it--they tend to be surprisingly accurate guns. Value isn't very high, perhaps $100.00 or so.

...not worth much, but they shoot real good...i have one that i got in a trade...barrel is 1:56 twist and shoots rb well...shoot it up and enjoy :m2c:

Saw one similar to this about two years ago in a local shop. Asking price was $100, but I could've bought it for $85 as the gun had been there for quite a while.

Since sidelock guns are not as popular anymore with all the "interest" in inlines for hunting; you could look at it logically with two opposing views:

1. No one wants this kind of gun, so therefore they should be worth much less than normal.

2. Since they are getting less common, they should be worth more than what they had been.

I have to go with #1 in this instance, 'cause any parts breakage or replacements needed, and you're probably gonna have a hard time. Also, I know where I could buy an almost new (slightly used) CVA Bobcat for $75, and the parts for that should be easier to locate for a few more years. Besides that you can buy brand new inlines for around $100.

I wouldn't go above $100 for ANY reason on that gun; but don't sweat it if you did, just shoot the thing to pieces and enjoy it!

Shoot Safely!
WV_Hillbilly

Back