• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Recommendations for a borescope

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought this one from Amazon and it works okay. $21 and it shows an additional 30% off coupon for me.

1000010488.jpg
1000010375.jpg

I have a Teslong 450 that I purchased 7 or 8 years ago with the flexible cable for my muzzle loading rifles. Works well but it will drive you nuts thinking that your rifles bore has been bored and rifled with a corncob. It shows ALL of the details of the bore - good and bad. The probe does a fine job of looking forward (clear picture) but the 90-degree picture can be a bit "fuzzy" and finicky to get a sharp picture (mirror adjustment). Love it - Hate it.
About 2 months ago I purchased the ridged metal probe for my Teslong 450 bore scope to use on my modern center fire rifles and I like the ridged probe better than the flexible probe BUT it does not come in a longer length (26-inch length only) for the longer muzzle loader rifle barrels, so you are stuck with the flexible probe model. The largest side mirror is the .40 caliber size which is OK for the large bores of most muzzle loading rifles.
The bore scope is a fun tool to have just don't freak out when you see the inside of your rifle's bore for the first time!:ghostly:

I have a Teslong 450 that I purchased 7 or 8 years ago with the flexible cable for my muzzle loading rifles. Works well but it will drive you nuts thinking that your rifles bore has been bored and rifled with a corncob. It shows ALL of the details of the bore - good and bad. The probe does a fine job of looking forward (clear picture) but the 90-degree picture can be a bit "fuzzy" and finicky to get a sharp picture (mirror adjustment). Love it - Hate it.
About 2 months ago I purchased the ridged metal probe for my Teslong 450 bore scope to use on my modern center fire rifles and I like the ridged probe better than the flexible probe BUT it does not come in a longer length (26-inch length only) for the longer muzzle loader rifle barrels, so you are stuck with the flexible probe model. The largest side mirror is the .40 caliber size which is OK for the large bores of most muzzle loading rifles.
The bore scope is a fun tool to have just don't freak out when you see the inside of your rifle's bore for the first time!:ghostly:
I attached a section of a .22 rifle cleaning rod to my flexible scope and it does a better job of getting things clearer.

Teslong with WiFi. Will send image to any WiFi device.
The receiving device does need the Teslong WiFi app, so make sure that's available for the target device. I know iOS and Android are supported for the borescope I have, and the instructions have scan codes for downloading the app.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back