• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Red Flint Leathers!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akomoroski

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anybody know where you can find red flint leathers, like Caywood uses on his guns? I really like the look and can not find them anywhere. Any information would be helpful! THANKS!

Grocery[url] store...in[/url] the shoe polish section...red leather dye.
Or Tandy's for pre-dyed scrap leather.
Or a Goodwill Thrift Store, look for $1.00 red leather belts.
Or go to your wife's closet, find a nice pair of red pumps and have at them!!! :)
Jack

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine from a flea market, bought a 4X4ft piece for $8 and there was a lot more, it's a good place to find all kinds of craft items cheap.
:hmm:

TheGunCellar

I'm gonna be rich! Rich, I tell ya. Just found out that since the wife has been saving all her shoes she bought since I married her, and now they could be made into leather black powder accessories...oh man! Now...if only I can outlive her...go to rondys with all her shoes..oh boy! :hmm: :D

Wouldn't you look a bit stupid in her shoes? :kid: I am sure you will not be noticed - much.

Cheers from down under
Aussie Bob

next time you shoot flint, if you forget and wipe your flint [like i just did yesterday] with your finger and cut it,,,,use that on your leather,,,,my finger is still sore,,,, :huh:

Hey:
I got a bunch on my work desk, If you can figure how to PM me your address I'll stick a piece in a business size envelope and send it to ya. If you like it, alls well, if ya don't just pitch it. My wife got it years ago when she worked in a shoe factory back when shoes were made in the US.
Bill
I went into my profile and added my e-mail addy. So I guess you can just click on my name and e-mail that way.

Latest posts

Back