• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Red Squirrel hunt....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gizamo

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Pair of them have been thinkin' of movin' in at the homestead. On the roof, lookin' for ways into the eaves and gables...

So the dog and I decided to make things abit unwelcome. These little buggers have a tendancy to hide on the opposite side of the tree. My border collie loves to chase them around the trunk. Caught this one peakin' at me before he made the turn... :wink:

About a 35 yard shot. Gun is a Caywood Southern Mountain in .32 Caliber.

redsquirrel003.jpg

Entry wound...

redsquirrel002.jpg

Nice shot. :thumbsup: I got about 1 1/2 months to wait before I can go for them.

Nice shot! I hate red squirrels. They'll chatter at ya all day, while deer hunting. They'll tear up the house, if let inside, and chase the fox squirrels away. Nice thing is, their season is open all year in Michigan.

good shootin and a fine gun. Reds always give me fits, them buggers are far more animated than the lazy old fox squirrels i shoot mostly.

Back