• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Remove Lock for Cleaning?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All boils down to the same thing...

Those that can do, those that can't, try and discourage others from doing

I try to encourage folks not to ruin their gun. Of course, I buy and fix a lot of ruined guns (several a month) so I'm not sure why I care.

Booger 'em up if you like, I make good money at it.

redwing said:
In the end its yours clean it all you want.
That's the bottom line...I just use the same steaming hot soapy water that the barrel is submerged in and clean it while the barrel is heating up...in fact, I find the "TLC" part of muzzleloading about as enjoyable as the shooting/hunting part

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,This thread has gotten a life of it's own. Any way ,I have learned that the more I do the more I learn.I have been removing the lock carefully so that I can remove the vent.I found a lot of fouling behind it.Time will tell if I am doing it right.Regards,Mike

Back