• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

rendezvous to attend in Iowa, Minnesota?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J D Hoffman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I stopped buckskinning 20 years ago now my son got me involved again. Where can I find good rendezvous to attend in Iowa, Minnesota, area.

Well, depending on where you are in northern Iowa, but, on the second weekend in Sept, there is the Fort Belmont rondy in Jackson, Mn, first weekend in Oct, there is Big Island in Albert Lea, Mn, and the forth weekend in July, you have the Love of the Land rondy in Pipestone Mn. There are more I know that can be found in the Powder Horn News, which is a monthly news letter listing almost all the rondys through out the country, as well as some good reading. For only $20 you can have a 1 year subscription, and it's published in your home state.

Powder Horn News
P.O. Box 86
Aurelia, Iowa 51005-0086

Thanks for the info Preacher! I can't believe how out of touch I had gotten. It's a thrill to be doing this again my son went with at 5 years of age now he is 30! Trouble is I am feeling my age and can't sleep on the ground and he shoots better than me! Hope to see you down the trail soon. J. D.

Heck, I'm a year older than you and can still sleep on the ground...except my left leg goes numb...and my right leg cramps...and I can't lay on my left side due to past broken ribs...and I can't lay on my back due to compressed disks and broken shoulder blade. Hmmm, come to think of it I tend not to sleep real well on the ground :shake: But I can still just barely outshoot my Son :thumbsup:

JD,Well I don't know how good it is,but there is one in Prairie du Chien Wisconsin.It's been going for about 38 years.Pretty loosely run but is a great place to camp along the Miss. river.It is on Fathers Day weekend every year.We camp the whole week running up to Fathers Day.It's vacation for us and we really enjoy it.Any questions just Pm me.

Latest posts

Back