• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Reproduction Enfield

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was down at a pawn shop where they had a 3 band Enfield. Shop owner says gun is a wallhanger. The nipple is sealed off, there is not markings on the barrel, the only stamping is on the lock-Enfield. Ran the ramrod down the bore, smooth, but with a coned ? breechplug. The gun was built from a kit and the builder has since died, wife is selling. Could there be proof marks on the underside of the barrel or was this gun truly built to be a display piece? Any info would be helpful. Thanks- Bernie.

Is the asking price worth the lock, stock and hardware without the barrel?

Sounds like one of the Indian reproductions except for the kit part. What kind of rear sight does it have?

You didn't mention the price so any response as to value is downright difficult and pics would be helpful.
Tom Patton

If the nipplenis sealed off I would also remove the barrel from the stock and check for holes drilled into the barrel. I have never seen this on a reproduction wall hanger but I have seen it on an original sort of an early de-mill effort.

The rear sight is fixed, with a front blade. I,m not worried about the price, more interested if this would be a shootable firearm. And I don't know if the lock and stock is worth the 300.00 asking price.

Sounds like one of the Indian models. These can be had for as little as $275 online new, or slightly more from Middlesex Village in a more authentic and shootable condition.

I'd stay away from the one you're asking about.

I would pass. Buy a reliable shooter for not much more.

My general attitude is to pass on things when not sure.

CS

Does it lok like this?[url] http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/legendaryarms_1945_9649146[/url] .

The description states "This is a full size model 1853 replica of Enfield musket. Made in India. This musket is not primed."

I think the not primed thing refers to the fact that they come with a solid, non-drilled nipple.

The price is $274.99. If it is the same type, well, they aren't much to start with. And a used one should reflect a used gun price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back