• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

restocking cabelas blue ridge?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve hill

36 Cal.
Reaction score
How hard would it be to restock this rifle?
I know it,s different how the barrel attaches
but I do not know how big a challenge this
would be any help would be appreciated

Restocking can be a daunting challenge if you don't know what you are doing. However, there are several books, a coupla DVD's and a number of web pages designed to help someone overcome those challenges.

The first thing I would recommend is to go to the "Rifle Building Tutorial" on the Member Resources forum.

Mike is building from a blank, but you won't have to do that. Just read through the tutorial, paying special attention to the areas that you will have to do, like inletting the lock, triggers, pinning the barrel, and final shaping, sanding and finishing.

The second thing I would recommend is renting a DVD set on "Building the Chambers kit rifle" to give you an idea of what is involved in stocking a longrifle from a pre inlet stock.[url] http://smartflix.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=119_33[/url]

I have also posted a coupla web pages providing pre contoured stocks on your other thread.

J.D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Restocking is much the same process as building one from scratch. J.D. gave you a good list of books to help you along.

My first project, many years ago, was restocking a CVA Mountain rifle. I like a longer pull and more drop than the factory stock gave me. I made a lot of mistakes but the rifle came out fine and went on to win a lot of competions and bring home more than a few deer.

Back