• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Revolution period pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAlongrifle

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a reproduction PA longrifle from the 1770s. What type of pistol would somebody from this part of country (South Eastern PA) have during that time frame?

I have a reproduction PA longrifle from the 1770s. What type of pistol would somebody from this part of country (South Eastern PA) have during that time frame?

Certainly possible that someone could carry a mid-eighteenth century London made flintlock pistol imported through Philadelphia or Wilmington. Interesting question. Like today, I'm sure there were many options available if one had the money. :winking:

I had my gunmaker make a pistol to match my rifle (mine as in the same guy that made my rifle). It has the same style and carving and the stock looks like it's from the same piece of wood. Both are .50 so only carry one size bullet.

I suppose any Penn.-type pistol would be kosher but doubt many folks drug one around with them. During the 1770's most pistols were collected to issue to the 4 dragoon regiments and other mounted units. :m2c:

Back