• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Revolutionary War muskets recovered

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct Chorizo.
American history validates all leftist controlled states & especially larger cities are controlled by mafia politicians / lawyers who have been in bed with the criminal element for decades.
America's borders, economy, morals & ethics have been trashed since our mock 2020 elections allowed president dementia & the leftist's Marxist federal agencies to ban freedom of speech, morals, ethics, individual & property rights, our 2nd amendment & religion.

Real question is,, will this generation of millions of armed Americans continue to remain docile & continue allow a handful of treasonous politicians' to disarm them & overthrow our nation from within,, in the same manner as all other third world dictatorships ?

Patriotic folks from the January 6th demonstration continue being held in a Soviet style Gulag, they have been forgotten by our rinos.
President Trump was America's 2nd George Washington, unfortunately we lacked the will to help him help 'us' empty the political toilets our apathy created. Will true Americans 'again' allow leftists who are in charge vote-counting in every State to rig the 2024 elections & administer the death blow to America ?

I'm still looking for a flintlock pistol stolen from a move made a few years ago. This is a special piece as it was purchased from the "Mad Anthony Wayne Estate" by my father in the early 1930's. This is a good example of what was carried by an employee that worked in the stables or barn caring for the animals and the estate according to the Estate Sales Manager. "Like they know anything more than what they were told" was my father's thoughts on these folks. Most were young college kids with limited experience in what they were doing.

My father purchased this flintlock pistol for $2.70 at the time and they threw in several flints and a box of round balls with the sale.
Rev War Pistol Stolen.jpg

As you can see this pistol at close range could do a number on the one in front of the muzzle.​

I had it appraised in 2014 for insurance purposes per my agent, good thing that was done and needed a few years later.

stolen pistol.jpg

stolen pistol 2.jpg

If you see one that looks like this, please let me know.

There is a big difference between being a thief and being a murderer. Things are just things and like it or not, you can get by without them or they can be replaced etc. A life can never be replaced. IMHO:)
I disagree. Read Jeffrey Snyder's "Nation of Cowards".

Or, to quote my Great Grandfather, "Some people just need killing."

I truly believe we need to make jails, jails. Think about the Yuma Terretorial Prison in AZ in the 1800's. No elctricty, no library, no congical visits, no miltiple appeals, no goumet food (and forgive me Lord), NO HORMONE Treatments for those that were unhappy with how the Good Lord created them. No AC, no TV, 1 visit per month from 1 person for 1 hour. Violent or problem prosoners, NO hour outta the cell every 24 hrs.

Harsh? Yep. Wanna go there? Nope. Nuff said. per above build more prisons. Soon we can sell to local school districts to convert to campss buildings cuz it will truly take the crime rate down 60-70% and the will to learn to earn will increase.

Since I'm being so outta my mind conservative/crazy/dangerous lets start with CONGRESS? Life under the above conditions for politicians caught lining their or their families pockets. (nothin personal Hunter)

I disagree. Read Jeffrey Snyder's "Nation of Cowards".

Or, to quote my Great Grandfather, "Some people just need killing."
Funny, I've posted several times before those were my grandfahers EXACT words when the kids ran out to the field and told him about JFK. They got cussed for stopping his mule to tell him, I guess the mule didn't like to work but had to cuz Grampa never went to the field w/o his 2x4.

I'm still looking for a flintlock pistol stolen from a move made a few years ago. This is a special piece as it was purchased from the "Mad Anthony Wayne Estate" by my father in the early 1930's. This is a good example of what was carried by an employee that worked in the stables or barn caring for the animals and the estate according to the Estate Sales Manager. "Like they know anything more than what they were told" was my father's thoughts on these folks. Most were young college kids with limited experience in what they were doing.

My father purchased this flintlock pistol for $2.70 at the time and they threw in several flints and a box of round balls with the sale.
View attachment 252955

As you can see this pistol at close range could do a number on the one in front of the muzzle.​

I had it appraised in 2014 for insurance purposes per my agent, good thing that was done and needed a few years later.

View attachment 252956

View attachment 252957

If you see one that looks like this, please let me know.

I live about 20 miles from the Estate and took a tour several years ago. Nice pair of English pistols were on the mantle piece; I eyeballed but always believed such items are attached to a sensor that would alarm if anyone touched. There was just myself and a nice older gentle-lady guide; any sneak thief could have taken them if so criminally inclined. They found a Rev War-era coat which was on display during the Bi-Cen; I recall guys being able to actually touch it (!) but assume since it's been glassed in or some such. I think they found it sealed in a wall or something. Maybe it was dark blue with white facings. I hope your piece returns to you but it's a slim chance. Regards.

My family had a large old house that had been a field hospital during the Rev War it was 17 miles from the Wayne Estate in Malvern PA (site of the Paoli Massacre). I grew up playing at either Valley Forge, Wayne Estate or the Massacre site.

The Battle of Paoli, also known as the Battle of Paoli Tavern or the Paoli Massacre, was a battle in the Philadelphia campaign of the American Revolutionary War fought on September 20, 1777, in the area surrounding present-day Malvern, Pennsylvania.
Dates: Sep 20, 1777 – Sep 21, 1777

Funny, I've posted several times before those were my grandfahers EXACT words when the kids ran out to the field and told him about JFK. They got cussed for stopping his mule to tell him, I guess the mule didn't like to work but had to cuz Grampa never went to the field w/o his 2x4.
He wasn't from Southern Illinois by chance, was he?

I live about 20 miles from the Estate and took a tour several years ago. Nice pair of English pistols were on the mantle piece; I eyeballed but always believed such items are attached to a sensor that would alarm if anyone touched. There was just myself and a nice older gentle-lady guide; any sneak thief could have taken them if so criminally inclined. They found a Rev War-era coat which was on display during the Bi-Cen; I recall guys being able to actually touch it (!) but assume since it's been glassed in or some such. I think they found it sealed in a wall or something. Maybe it was dark blue with white facings. I hope your piece returns to you but it's a slim chance. Regards.
My father was in the houses in Wayne's Estate monthly repairing bad wiring for the old phone system. This was one of two neat places on his weekly lists of duties, Valley Forge and Washington's headquarters along with the Dupont places. Much of his time was spent tending to these old Rev War locations on the main line out of Philadelphia. All of these places had sensors on the goods along with hidden cameras and other devises watching tours pass bye.

Thank you for the reminder about the Wayne Estate, I look back now like 75 years ago and how neat it was then and still is.

Consider yourself blasted. Then you would be just like Spain and other European countries. Non-violent crimes, theft, car break-in, house break-ins, purse snatching aren't even pursued by the police as they know the crooks will be out in the streets before they finish paperwork...All of those non-violent crimes are rampant, so much so that you cannot keep things from getting stolen and God forbid you assault somebody stealing your stuff.....you go to jail and they walk free.

Your "idea" has lots of negative unintended consequences...like the mass group thefts from stores..no prosecution no deterrence. Jails are for criminals...commit the crime, do the time.

These turds stole hundreds of thousand, if not millions of dollars work of antique guns. They should at least get a few months of "quiet reflection" in jail. Stern looks and harsh talking to doesn't work.
I have to agree with Sam Squanch, prison is expensive and should be reserved for the worst, most of whom should be rightfully executed.
Corporal punishment and forced labour should be used for the petty manure.
Flogging was not considered cruel and unusual to the founding fathers, so should be brought back for many offenses.
And there is a lot of ditches to be dug and grass to be mown on public property for petty theft.
Sweat and pain should set many on the right road.

There is a big difference between being a thief and being a murderer. Things are just things and like it or not, you can get by without them or they can be replaced etc. A life can never be replaced. IMHO:)
Murderers should be hanged.
Thieves have the manure whipped out of them.and put to work.

My father was in the houses in Wayne's Estate monthly repairing bad wiring for the old phone system. This was one of two neat places on his weekly lists of duties, Valley Forge and Washington's headquarters along with the Dupont places. Much of his time was spent tending to these old Rev War locations on the main line out of Philadelphia. All of these places had sensors on the goods along with hidden cameras and other devises watching tours pass bye.

Thank you for the reminder about the Wayne Estate, I look back now like 75 years ago and how neat it was then and still is.
Interesting!

I have to agree with Sam Squanch, prison is expensive and should be reserved for the worst, most of whom should be rightfully executed.
Corporal punishment and forced labour should be used for the petty manure.
Flogging was not considered cruel and unusual to the founding fathers, so should be brought back for many offenses.
And there is a lot of ditches to be dug and grass to be mown on public property for petty theft.
Sweat and pain should set many on the right road.
Can't 'bring back' flogging any more than burning at the stake; this is a different time. The British Navy banned flogging about 1803. Ain't gonna happen, the "we the people" won't stand for it. The founders thought slavery was A-OK, too, but it ain't coming back.

Can't 'bring back' flogging any more than burning at the stake; this is a different time. The British Navy banned flogging about 1803. Ain't gonna happen, the "we the people" won't stand for it. The founders thought slavery was A-OK, too, but it ain't coming back.
You will be surprised what "we the people" will stand for.
200 years ago the practice of locking prisoners away and throwing away the key was considered the mark of tyranny.
It is getting that way again.
By the way, slavery was never outlawed.

You will be surprised what "we the people" will stand for.
200 years ago the practice of locking prisoners away and throwing away the key was considered the mark of tyranny.
It is getting that way again.
By the way, slavery was never outlawed.
Didn't the Civil War and the Constitution have something to do with it's demise?

Didn't the Civil War and the Constitution have something to do with it's demise?
13th Amendment

Section 1
Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
Section 2
Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

As you can see, slavery as criminal punishment is still perfectly legal.
And also notice, no specific crime, or crimes, as specified.
So, you could be sentenced to lifetime servitude, ie slavery, for any crime, from murder to jaywalking.
What do you think a life sentence at hard labour is?

Back