• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rice Golden Age 48” barrel finding a stock blank

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I ordered a .45 caliber 48” Rice golden age barrel a few weeks back to make a half stock SMR with and I’ve decided to go with something more like the Killdeer rifle from the last of the Mohicans. Not sure why. Anyway, does anyone know of anyone making a stock blank preinlet for this barrel? I don’t mind inletting the locks and hardware I just hate doing barrel channels and having a ramrod hole drilled would be a plus. I heard they may fit the kibler SMR stocks but I can’t find enough information about the SMR barrel dimensions to check for myself and even then it’d still be a few inches short. Any ideas? Thanks!

Are pecatonicas prices still accurate? I’ve heard they haven’t Been updated in like ten years?
Pecatonica just updated their web site a couple months ago and also have a new catalog that you can download from the web site.

Hi,
An option is to contact Dave Keck at Knob Mountain Muzzleloading. He has a website so search online. He can put in the barrel, drill the ramrod hole and profile your stock for any number of Lehigh Valley guns including those by the Rupps and the Molls. The Killdeer rifle is a fantasy gun loosely but inaccurately based on some sort of Lehigh Valley or Northampton, PA gun and made by Wayne Watson for the movie. I believe Dave has a pattern for it also. If you are sold on making some sort of Lehigh Valley shaped gun, best to do some research first. They are not easy to make.

dave

Hi,
An option is to contact Dave Keck at Knob Mountain Muzzleloading. He has a website so search online. He can put in the barrel, drill the ramrod hole and profile your stock for any number of Lehigh Valley guns including those by the Rupps and the Molls. The Killdeer rifle is a fantasy gun loosely but inaccurately based on some sort of Lehigh Valley or Northampton, PA gun and made by Wayne Watson for the movie. I believe Dave has a pattern for it also. If you are sold on making some sort of Lehigh Valley shaped gun, best to do some research first. They are not easy to make.
Thank you. I was looking at it a few moments ago. Do they sell stocks or just profile slabs for you? I was confused by their website.

Hi,
Dave Keck will do either. You can buy wood from him, send your barrel and he will inlet the barrel and ramrod hole as well as profile the stock or you can send him your own wood.

dave

Latest posts

Back