• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

rifle primmers instead of perc caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good question------- but ,I have been shooting flint for a long time , well since 1970 , and decided that I would like to try a modern gun , so perc is about as modern as you can get :grin: ,also have to import flints from the US , have you got a good source which don't cost an arm and a leg to get here .. We can dicker about it if you think talking to a white furriner is not too dangerous ... New Zealand is at the bottom of the world ... kiwi2

Hi Minnesota , I have always thought caps were dear that's why I have shot flint for so long but I am in a bit of a bind getting flints :idunno: now that's how I got to where we are now .. Kiwi2

Sorry to hear that God didn't scatter flints on the ground in your neck of the world.

Rich Pierce, a member on this forum, makes flints. He's from St. Louis, MO., so its not quite as far from his home to yours........

He makes good flints. I have no clue what shipping costs would be, but since its a bulk product, I would order several dozen at a time to save some costs.

New Zealand is a long 2 islands( obvious more than that, but). I assume that International mail flies into Christchurch, then gets distributed thru the country by local services. I tried to find out where you are from, but you didn't bother to list that information in your personal data. That makes it particularly hard for someone to help you. You might rethink all that. :hmm: :thumbsup:

I have clients who ship products all over the world, and all I need do is call one of them to find out about costs of shipping, if I know where something is going.

kiwi2 said:
Hi Minnesota , I have always thought caps were dear that's why I have shot flint for so long but I am in a bit of a bind getting flints :idunno: now that's how I got to where we are now .. Kiwi2
Tom Fuller's black English flints come from England of course, and it's hard to believe that a BP supplier there in New Zealand doesn't carry or couldn't order black English flints for you...

Also, a starting point as an information resource about Flints and Flintlocks there in New Zealand might be:
http://gunsmithsociety.com/content/view/47/67/

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guess i should have been more aware so I will add that info to my personal data .Kiwi2

Back