• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rifle WT. for Hunt'n?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do a lot of bow hunting and I think it influences my rifle hunting. Like you I prefer to hunt a lot from the stalk. My two favorite rifles for hunting are the Winchester 94 lever in 30-30 and the Lyman Deerstalker. The light weight and shorter length of the Deerstalker makes it a pleasure to carry in the woods.

I do admit that I have developed a love for black powder and an interest in flint. Currently working on a Great Plains Rifle kit. Will tell you how it carries in the woods this fall.

I carry a 34" 7/8" straight percussion Ohio Vincent in 45 cal. (It tips the scales at 7.3 lbs.) Or, a 45 cal 44" 13/16" straight Bedford flint that weighs 7.4 lbs. Both feel just about the right weight for walking, but a little lighter would be ok too.

Latest posts

Back