• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rifled 8 gauge, or other big bore???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that this is an old thread but I have an 8 bore. Here are a few photos:
rifle2.jpg

rifle1.jpg

rifle3.jpg

rifle4.jpg

rilfe6.jpg

rifle7.jpg

rilfe8.jpg

rifle9.jpg

I have shot my Brown Bess (11 ga.) with patched balls and about 70 gr. FFg. Not bad recoil.
I was once shown a 2 ga. English rifle for hunting African big game. It was owned by a famous gun restorer and engraver. Very impressive. From the muzzle end it looked big enough to put yer head in. (not really :wink: ) Had only two lands and grooves. My shoulder hurt just thinking about shooting that thing.

Your The Man! I just bought a 8 pound 58 that is all that I can handle. There were some vid's of 4's a while back and there is no way I would shoot one of those! The only thing that I have found that is good about getting older is that you get a little smarter. Good Luck with your Quest! Geo. T.

Back