• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rightnour Accusporter Pro 50 ???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfulmer

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience or thoughts about the RMC (Rightnour Muzzleloading Company) Accusporter LTD. PRO flintlocks? It looks like a good set-up for hunters and features a Green Mountain barrel and an L&R lock. I was thinking of picking one up in a 50 cal. The link is below and from there just click on the RMC Accusporter tab on the left hand side.
[url] http://rmcsports.com/catalog.htm[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd never heard of them, but those tie-dyed (pakkawood) stocks are "groovy" man. :wink:

ltd.jpg

That's as nauseating, as looking at a picture of Hillary Clinton, or Rosie O'Donnel. I know, if they had laminated wood back then they would have used it on Pennsylvania rifles.

Bill

Dan, rest assured a .490 out of one of those .50cal rifles will kill a deer just as dead as anybody elses high priced custom .50cal rifle on this Forum...go for it!

Hard to tell from the photo but it would be interesting to see what the 'dark rosewood' looks like in good light...otherwise, from the photo the brown laminate sort of catches my eye

Were there any with a real walnut stock? Kinda defeats the purpose of using a flinter if the stock has a hallucinagenic pattern. Sort of like electronic ignition on a matchlock. Not that I haven't toyed with that thought :) GC

I give Dan A+ high marks for considering a Flintlock, period.

There are basically three choices out there he could have gone with:

Flintlock
Caplock
.....and high technology modern.

How about we cut him some slack
:v

If ya wants one, drive out to the store in Mingoville which is close to State College. I went there with a buddy who bought one. Some guns we inspected 3 years ago had workmanship issues so I would recommend cherry picking. My Buddy picked a nice one . He likes it. Talk to the salesman about the type of bullets you want to shoot. They come with 1:28 and 1:48 twists.

Sorry but I think you can have a better rifle for a few $ more at track of the wolf or some other gun shops

Standstall :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I own an accusporter with 1/28 twist but it's not the pro model. Mine has the green laminated stock but it doesn't have a lot of green in it. I like the rifle and it's a good shooting rifle as well. I have 24" and 28" barrels for the same stock.

My 24" barrel will shoot .495 rb's/.017 Wal-mart tick patches with 80 grains of 2f real well and it is extremely accurate with saboted 250 grain xtp's. Off the shelf conicals do not group well in my rifles but probably would if the size was .502. Both barrels are a bit large for most conicals.

I have the 28" barrel sighted in for the 300 grain xtp with the short black mmp sabots. It is very accurate and shoots better with the charges in the 100 grain of 2f range. It will just plain stomp a deer and energy at the 100 yard target is close to 1K fpds. Mine shoots rb's well but because of the depth of the grooves it must be kept very clean between loadings or it will start to fly and not group well.

roundball,
I agree :thumbsup:
I don't know anything about the gun in question,
but I do know RMC are great to deal with.IMO
snake-eyes :)

I have one also but not the pro model. It shoots
great and I love hunting with it as much as any of the other more PC guns I have. I got mine for I think $299.00 last year on a closeout. With the L&R lock and the GM barrel it was a good deal. The only thing I didn't like was the allen screw
touchhole liner which I changed and the trigger pull. I called them and they paid to ship the gun back and work on the trigger which was much better afterwards. I now have a double set trigger that I got from them to put in. You might call and see if there are any of the close out guns still around. They aren't in the ad anymore but they weren't in the ad when I got mine. I called and they told me what was available.

Hey guys don't worry about the ribbing I'm getting over the look of the stock. I have a couple of modern rifles with the black and gray laminate stocks and I think they look sharp. Besides, all the warping and stock rubbing is much less likely with a laminate stock. It may not be primitive, but I am a lot more concerned about accuracy and reliability. Thanks for all the info and keep the comments coming. Sooner or later I'll pay ya back. One other question, What do you all mean when you use the term "PC"? I'm guessing "professional quality" but I really don't know.

PC refers to Period Correct. None of the production guns currently offered would qualify as PC. PC guns are hand made and; copies if you will; of orginal rifles. I don't own any PC rifles but I would like to; and have intentions of building one someday.

I work as a machinist and grew up in a family furniture business refinishing and doing repairs to furniture so I am confident I could build one.
Never seem to have the time to hunt much less build one; and the parts are not cheap either.

I like my Accusporter and my PA Hunters in 21" and 31" and they are tuned up well. I would like a swamped barrel .58 caliber though.

The best production models in my belief are the Lyman line, TC rifles are great and have a customer service policy second to none in any industry. RMC Accusporter service is very good in my limited experience and I actually like the laminated stock, the lock is very good and sparks well.

I hope you guys don't mean politically correct when you use the term PC. To refer to any gun as "politically correct" would be a terrible perversion of an oxymoron. I own and run a gun shop and I can clearly tell you that we shooters and our weapons are not politically correct in today's sad world.

Latest posts

Back