• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RMC flintlocks?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I currently own one and with the right combo of BP and bullet it is deadly out to 100 yards. You can compare it with the T/C FireStorm which both rifles were designed for the PA flintlock season in mind..But I think more importantly it does get those inline shooters to cross over to a more traditional sidelock even though the Accusporter has all the advantages of an inline but with flintlock ignition. The rifle is made in the USA and currently there are no made in the USA production flintlock or even percussion BP rifles being sold so it is hard for me to have a hard criticism of it..Middletownbob

Chowmif16 said:
Wow,

Did I say Wow yet???

That is ugly and horrid. Butt ugly, lock ugly and fore-end ugly.

Flinter in 1 in 28 twist. Talk about ridiculous.

It would look right at home in the back of a Ford Pinto or AMC Gremlin on the way to the range...

Please do muzzleloading a favor and don't buy it.

Come on, tell us what you really feel about it. :haha:
But, I agree.

Chowmif16 said:
I suppose I did react rather viscerally to it....
It was very late at night.

Your reaction was from the heart, so no excuses are necessary. Honestly, it was spot on! :hatsoff:

TC's Firestorm was a sidelock for the inline shooters. It was designed with an easily removable breech plug, coned breech for use with Pyrocrap pellets, and a plastic stock. I bought one, like new, for $100 from a guy who couldn't make it fire reliably. It had a wad of waxy crud around the cone of the breech plug. :shake: I cleaned it, removed the cone by grinding, and it was reliable as any flinchrock could be(with real BP). It became trade bait for something that I really wanted. :blah:

Back on topic, your couldn't GIVE me one of those butt ugly RMCs. :barf:

Chowmif16 said:
Wow,

Did I say Wow yet???

That is ugly and horrid. Butt ugly, lock ugly and fore-end ugly.

Flinter in 1 in 28 twist. Talk about ridiculous.

It would look right at home in the back of a Ford Pinto or AMC Gremlin on the way to the range...

Please do muzzleloading a favor and don't buy it.

My .52 flinter Renegade has not quite one turn for the barrel, thank you kindly.

:surrender: ok ill admit that i got one. its 1in48 fix breach plug. bought in on close out about 12-13 years ago for 200. have to say though that its dead reliable and dead on accurate.

I never owned an ugly accurate firearm. LOL

Mine is 1/28 twist and although it will shoot ball it does it very best with bullets. Over the years I have become strictly a ball shooter and see no need to go back to my experimenting with other projectiles days. The RMC will probably move on someday but it's still here ready and able to get the job done if called on.

As far as I know Kyber Pass rifles are rifles built in cottage industry with sometimes poor materials. RMC is not that. It uses very good materials and function and handling qualities are very good. It's design is poor in my opinion though and feel it is as safe as any other flintlock.

It's not a traditional look by any means. I feel it was an attempt to function as a legal for PA rifle to fire projectiles normally used for inline rifles which are now legal in flintlock season. Made in Pa.

Back