• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RMC vent liner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowpoke1955

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I've heard some of the members talk about how good the RMC vent liners were. When Cabela's put them in the bargain cave for $1.88, I had to try it. When I installed it in my .54 GPR flinter, I noticed the liner was too long. I had to trim off about 1/8th" for it to install properly. I also noticed the opening on the inside was a lot smaller than the stock Lyman vent liner. This will restrict the amount of powder reaching the touch hole. It just doesn't look that impressive. Only one way to find out, but I have to wait til next week for better weather. I'm holding on to the stock vent liner that I've drilled to 5/64" and coned, just in case.

I have one on my GPR 50 flinter and it works great and fit flush with the barrel. The only misfires were when the flint stopped sparking. I'm new to flintlocks but I've fired 70 rounds thru it so far and only 2 failures as above,
"I LIKE IT"

I got mine from directly from RMC about a year ago. It fit flush in my GP and the flash hole was larger than the Lyman liner's.

Did the package look like this?

Capture-1.jpg

I also purchased mine from RMC. Good fit, good function. No complaints.

Latest posts

Back