• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rotometals Experience

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuthatch

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Just wanted to relay a positive experience I had recently with Rotometals. This is unsolicited by them and done in response to their good service to me.

I had ordered some bismuth & lead shot from them and received my order without any fuss or drama -- a good thing these days. All the shot was sized #6. However, I noticed that with the Bi shot, there was a lot of tiny bits of shot, about the size of grains of sand mixed in with the #6. Just about every scoop of shot had some of these tiny bits of shot mixed in so I took the largest mesh kitchen screener I had & sifted it. I couldn't get all of it out but what I gathered was right under half a pound. Okay, not good for something so expensive. This was disappointing.

So I emailed the company and got a prompt response back. They were very helpful and offered to send me some extra to replace all the Bi "sand" that was in there. I told them that I appreciated their willingness to make things right but if it was going to be any trouble then some store credit on my next order would be fine. Today, I received a 5 lb bag and some fun promo items -- far more than what they needed to send me to make me whole on this transaction. Best of all, the new stuff is very clean -- all sized like #6 shot ought to be.

I know that no production process is perfect. Even small probabilities will converge to near certainties with time and scale. So I was just hoping that they would make good on their product. They over-delivered in that regard. So would I recommend using Rotometals to others? Unquestionably, yes.

Just wanted to relay a positive experience I had recently with Rotometals. This is unsolicited by them and done in response to their good service to me.

I had ordered some bismuth & lead shot from them and received my order without any fuss or drama -- a good thing these days. All the shot was sized #6. However, I noticed that with the Bi shot, there was a lot of tiny bits of shot, about the size of grains of sand mixed in with the #6. Just about every scoop of shot had some of these tiny bits of shot mixed in so I took the largest mesh kitchen screener I had & sifted it. I couldn't get all of it out but what I gathered was right under half a pound. Okay, not good for something so expensive. This was disappointing.

So I emailed the company and got a prompt response back. They were very helpful and offered to send me some extra to replace all the Bi "sand" that was in there. I told them that I appreciated their willingness to make things right but if it was going to be any trouble then some store credit on my next order would be fine. Today, I received a 5 lb bag and some fun promo items -- far more than what they needed to send me to make me whole on this transaction. Best of all, the new stuff is very clean -- all sized like #6 shot ought to be.

I know that no production process is perfect. Even small probabilities will converge to near certainties with time and scale. So I was just hoping that they would make good on their product. They over-delivered in that regard. So would I recommend using Rotometals to others? Unquestionably, yes.

That's awesome. I have been doing business with them for about 12 years maybe more. They are a great company.

Roto is a great resource.
You could probably sell that Bi "sand" to someone that casts
Yea, I was told the tin content of the shot is about half of what the bullet alloy is. I have a few lb of that bullet alloy. If I remelt everything and mix it up, I doubt it would change much. Or maybe I'll cast up some "frangible" round ball with it ;)

Back