• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

S/S cleaning procedure--bathtub?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I read it thats why I put it there I know it ranked very well in the brownells test but can you tell me whats different about that test.
Why do you asume I am arguing?
unlike some people I can look at both sides of the coin.

Ok I will help you out
"{The Results
After 72 hours of exposure, all test plates were brought indoors for evaluation and photographing."}
I do not consider 72 hours a effective test for firearms, now had they said 72 days I might be a convert.

I didn't actually assumed you were arguing...it was a bad choice of words. I am glad however you can look at both side of the coin. WD-40 has been my go-to for a while now..no issues with rust ever. However I am under the inclination to that different climates could/would have an effect of it's ability to do it's rust inhibiting job. :v

Sorry if I sounded "snippy" I included those links to get different view points and testing.
Had I conducted the Brownells test I would have continued the test until all products failed.
If the test was only an hour long i'm sure all the products would have passed.
In consclusion: I would state that if you have been using WD-40 and it works for you... GREAT!
If you have never used it before I would caution you to do so with care and diligence until you know how it's going to work for you. :surrender:

Yeah, the case of WD40 arrived today.
Sitting on a deer stand now in the middle of nowhere, trying to get all this done via iPhone, Verizon, Photobucket, the Internet, squirrels that I keep thinking are deer, LOL

I believe it...I think the doggone bucks have them on the payroll:
"Anytime you guys see that tall handsome guy slipping in here carrying a Flintlock, sound the alarm"
:grin:

With my little limb-chickens it's, "Hey, pssstt...'Up the tree guy' is over by the powder line easement today. Go stand under the tree stand, he'll start cussing in less than 20 minutes!" :rotf:

S.kenton said:
Hey RB.. your image isn't working.. but I get the jest..
:wink:
That was a long cold afternoon deer stand...and didn't see a hair...here's what I was trying to put up...probably need the Photobucket's Mobile App on my iPhone.

Link

Latest posts

Back