• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Safe carry of muzzleloaders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Halftail said:
By "Kap Kovers" Roundball,do you mean them little pink round rubber things ment to fit over the cap?Or something else?
A brass Kap Kover includes a special Hot Shot nipple with weather proof 'O'-ring around it's base...seals out moisture and serves as a cap-block safety should the hammer accidently drop...Google up Kap Kover.

1550884052505LockKapKoveronnipple800.jpg

Roundball,
You must have a load of T/C hawkins pictures in Differant poses. :thumbsup: I take it this question has come up before.

Halftail said:
Is there any way a Flintlock can be fired with the Hammerstall on?Maybe a fluke or something?
No...they're normally made out of tight fitting thick leather...I've actually forgotten to take one off and tried to shoot a deer...just made a dull thud, didn't even open the frizzen...I quietly recocked the piece, slipped of the stall, and killed the buck.

1534788051105HammerStallforTC-Mounted-FrizzenOpen800.jpg

roundball said:
Halftail said:
Is there any way a Flintlock can be fired with the Hammerstall on?Maybe a fluke or something?
No...they're normally made out of tight fitting thick leather...I've actually forgotten to take one off and tried to shoot a deer...just made a dull thud, didn't even open the frizzen...I quietly recocked the piece, slipped of the stall, and killed the buck.

1534788051105HammerStallforTC-Mounted-FrizzenOpen800.jpg

Must have put a cut into the leather didn't it?

Back