• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Scotch Eggs

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fyi, MickeyD's originally fried their "GOOD French fries" in BEEF FAT. = The ones cooked in lard were "a step down" & the "new and improved fries" ones cooked in vegetable oil, "not even close".

yours, satx

AS A SIDEBAR- I always thought that would have been a funny "Candid Camera" episode- two truck drivers eating at the counter- one guy gets a plate of sunny side up quail eggs and the other goose eggs and the waitress says "looks about the same to me" :)

To ALL:

I've been asked by several folks for the recipe for Chupacabra Eggs. Here it is:

Slit open ONE side of BIG, FRESH Jalapeno Peppers and remove the seeds.
Skin, cook, drain, cool & crumble chorizo sausage.
Mix cooled/crumbled sausage with fresh Mexican cheese (or other grated cheese, if you like)
Stuff peppers with chorizo/cheese mixture
Spiral wrap stuffed pepper with a slice of bacon & "toothpick" the bacon to the peppers.
Grill "Chupacabra Eggs" until the bacon is as cooked as you want it.
DRAIN "eggs" on paper towels and serve with HOT sauce (if you wish).

WARNING: IF you are planning to serve these at a party, make about 3X as many as you believe that you might need. = Here in SA, these go FASTER than jumbo scrimp & friends of mine tend to "make pigs of themselves" on them!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

yours, satx

That sounds like a real winner. Nothing better than jalapenos stuffed with ANYTHING! :thumbsup:

Since I am NOT the originator of Chupacabra Eggs, I can brag on them.======> These things are ADDICTIVE.
(They were created "for a BIG Tex-Mex BBQ dinner party" by a TEJANO gent who is a member of BEETHOVEN MAENNERCHOR, who like me has a thimble-full of German blood. - Juan's family has been in Bexar for more than 200 years & had an ancestor slaughtered at Goliad and another fought at San Jacinto.)

yours, satx

Looks like no matter how many you make you WILL run out before the party is over. My mom would say, about something especially good,"Only thing wrong with these is they won't keep". :bow:

Let me add for those who don't have a lot of jalapeno experience...be careful not to rub your eyes while slicing, seeding, etc...you'll only do it once! :haha: Small point, but a seriously important one.

And if you have to use the restroom, wash your hands before touching yourself. Nothing good will come from it if you don't. :shocked2: You only do that once also. True story.

Current/Former students of Texas A & M might need TWO tries to learn to wash their hands, first!
(Aggies tend to being "just a bit slow". = CHUCKLE.)

yours, satx
"Fanatic Orange-blood"

What do you expect? Love grits, never had Scotch Eggs. All backwards...

Now they are reversing themselves and saying for people to get away from unnatural transfats and to go back to natural animal fats -- that those are healthy. The others do not digest well and do not melt or disintergrate at natural temperatures! Some of us always knew this...

Latest posts

Back