• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Second chance bowie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spots

32 Cal.
Reaction score
This is one I built last weekend and hated. So I decided to drag it out of the scrap heap, throw away half the design and do something different. This is my favorite one so far. Its incredibly quick in the hand and as built as a combat quality bowie. The blade is hand forged 1084 steel, with a hidden tang design, a mild steel guard, and a seasoned oak handle. I plan to tong oil the handle this week. Im gonna spend the time to build an everyday carry style sheath for it. Let me know what you think.
Before the redesign

2012-10-28_20-05-40_894.jpg

Finished knife

2012-11-03_11-17-52_594.jpg

I like the new style knife much better. Very good looking knife...............watch yer top knot..............

Yep,a whole lot better. :thumbsup:

One thing about working hot iron,you can change your mind and still use the reject unlike working with wood. :grin:

Rifleman1776 said:
I don't wanna meet ya on a sandbar. :shocked2:

Thanks everybody. And rifleman you always have the best comments :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back