• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

shenandoah lube

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainiac

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Who here uses this lube?And do you feel that it compares with the old lehigh valley lube?

Is it still being made?

We've had numerous threads on this, it is not the same formula as the original, just so you know. There was talk of the owner to the original formula going to start selling it again but the last I heard he got called to Iraq and we have not heard anything since. And that was quite some time ago. :idunno:

I haven't tried old lehigh valley lube, but birddog6 has some good lube for huntin'.

When I first got into Flinters I started out using the original formula. It's actually a very good range lube err, was. I know people have complained a lot about the changes made in the newer version, I have not tried myself. Once I got bit by the notion of making my own lube from Bear Fat, I've been doing that since and have had no need for any store bought lubes.

Swampy said:
Once I got bit by the notion of making my own lube from Bear Fat, I've been doing that since and have had no need for any store bought lubes.

And for good reason. I've played just a little with a sample Swampy shared with me, and it's really realigned my thinking. I've been playing with my own concoction of deer tallow, and the bear fat has it all over it.

I've compared both the Shenandoah and Lehigh lubes, and I can't tell the difference. But then I'm not much for range shooting, except with the gear and materials I'll be using on a hunt. And I don't trust liquid lubes like Shenandoah, LeHigh, Hoppes or even spit to be sitting down against a powder charge all day long.

It's grease lubes for me on hunts. Swampy's bear fat mix is at least as good as the mink oil grease I got from TOW, and I'm starting to think it's better for keeping fouling soft. A bear guide/friend is promising to bring me some fat from a Kodiak this fall, and I'll be messing with that when it arrives. And sharing some with Swampy. He knows of what he speaks and knows what to do with it.

Back