• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shooting Bench

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Bryan

40 Cal.
Reaction score
My local club allows over 70 shooters to shoot with support. I decided to build a light weight folding shooters bench. Here is my prototype. Any comments? Bill

Attachments

• ShootingBench1.jpg
    ShootingBench1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
  • ShootingBenchFolded1.jpg
    ShootingBenchFolded1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
I
My local club allows over 70 shooters to shoot with support. I decided to build a light weight folding shooters bench. Here is my prototype. Any comments? Bill
like it! You are a good carpenter. Did you have drawn plans? I bought my bench. Plastic with folding aluminum legs. Works fine but has no seat. I have to use a folding metal chair.
I think a bench rest is a necessity for serious shooters. I'm always seeing "sight in" videos where the maker takes his new longrifle to the range and shoots offhand. He shows his groups and declares his gun accurate and sighted in. I think that's dumb. We need to know exactly how the gun shoots and what adjustments are needed.

No criticism, just an observation if you find the need or have the desire make the bench a bit more stable, consider adding a few cross struts.

Can add stability without adding much bulk or weight.

Attachments

• 1722913165226.jpeg
    1722913165226.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I built one like this bench. It is portable, stable, and only uses one 4x8 sheet of ply wood. I don't move mine so I glued all the tennions . Very solid and stable. Plans can be found online. Here's a link to a video showing one being set up.

Thanks for everyones' comments. I'm the only user so I don't need to have a right and left hand bench. The bench is very stable up front so I don't need any additional reinforcement. However it could use some work on the rear leg. Overall it's pretty stable. I've thought about how to add a seat but I think a folding stool or chair will be the easiest. I'm going to haul it up to the local muzzleloading club and use it for a while to decide if I like it. Bill

Back