• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shooting to the left

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just took a close look at the photograph of the peep sight (for whatever reason the photographs weren’t there when I first looked at the post). No way would I trust a sight with a single screw holding it in place. Two easy to bump out if adjustment. Requires a second screw or locking feature like a dovetail. At least to me, that sight setup screams homemade. Wish you luck holding adjustment.
Mine locks down pretty tight with one screw. I did scribe marks on the tang to re-zero it if it did get bumped hard enough to move it. mine does mostly range time.

HA HA look at the picture guys he literally has a rear peep on gun. Telling him to drift rear sight or filing it is making me laugh. Literally I don't think people looked at the gun in pics. Edited: OP added same thing as I was typing.
You're right about that. :oops:
My problem is that the target pic was so impressive that's the only one that I zoomed to take a close look at. :doh:

Finished another Kibler .58.
It is dirty in the pictures from me shooting a dozen times
Just like the last .58 I put together with the sights centered it hits left. Picture is 3 from 100 yards.
It must be my eyes as I tried several patch thicknesses and different size balls.
80 to 120 grains of powder. It shoots great groups but I had to move the front sight .060 out of center to start punching the center of the target,

I must be holding it funny.

I thought maybe I was flinching but no way I could flinch that consistently

Too hot right now to set fire to a pig but I will put it to work as says the heat let’s up
I would shoot the rifle at three different distances and see if it continues to go left! If it does check and see if you are holding the rifle level. if you are move your sights as need be do not screw with anything until you have made sure what the problem happens to be. This is what I use to do with modern target rifles and it always worked for me. I have seen people file sights and wind up having to replace them due to thinking it was the sights and it wasn't?

Thanks for all the advice folks.

I didn’t know peep was adjustable.
Talked to Tom a Hawk way up there in New York and got it sorted out.

This Colonial may be the most accurate black powder rifle I ever messed with.

Finished another Kibler .58.
It is dirty in the pictures from me shooting a dozen times
Just like the last .58 I put together with the sights centered it hits left. Picture is 3 from 100 yards.
It must be my eyes as I tried several patch thicknesses and different size balls.
80 to 120 grains of powder. It shoots great groups but I had to move the front sight .060 out of center to start punching the center of the target,

I must be holding it funny.

I thought maybe I was flinching but no way I could flinch that consistently

Too hot right now to set fire to a pig but I will put it to work as says the heat let’s up
Where did you get the peep sight? I have a 58 Colonial and would like to add the peep.

Something is not right. .060" sounds too much. I guess 43" between sights and for 2" at 100 the front sight needs moved only .023". Hardly enough to notice.
Still, some great shooting there.

Back