• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shooting too much? ? ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatalinaDave

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Wife used to tell me I drank too much. So I gave up & quit drinkin'.

Now she says I shoot too much!

Is it even possible to shoot too much?

What should I do?

"Take yer best shot at me, iffin' ya miss, throw yer hawks!"
"Keep chewin' powder & spittin' lead"

CatalinaDave :bow:

feedtroll.gif

CatalinaDave said:

What should I do?

Tell her you'll quit shootin if she can quit talkin :blah:

CatalinaDave said:

What should I do?

go shooting.

Now that you mention it, waaayyy back in my armored car days, a fellow guard had given his wife a condition upon marriage-in order to satisfy his "me time" needs, once a week he was either going to drink, gamble, or shoot. Her choice, and she chose to let him indulge his shooting habits. They've been married thirty plus years now with nary a problem (and he was a damn good shot I might add).

I have done the math, and it's cheaper for you to shoot once a month by far, than to play a round of golf each month, even if you only frequent municipal golf courses. (Assuming that when you shoot you don't include something like a Browning .50 cal or a chain-gun or some such modern nonsense.)

If she thinks you are shooting too much, she may be saying she thinks she doesn't get enough attention from you. So go to dinner, or go antiqueing or something...., :wink:

LD

There's no such thing as shooting too much IMO.Just go shooting,she'll get over it.

Sir,

I do believe that you have the right of it. The simplest (but not cheapest) solution would be to take her with you. Does she shoot? If not, then teach her. That way you spend time with her, and she gets to be 'involved' with your having fun.

Of course this does have the downside that she will acquire a few of your guns in the process...

Regards,
Loki

Whenever I don't have something going on, I go out side and shoot. Sometimes several days in a row. I only shoot 25-30 shots cause I am right here so close and can do it whenever. The only thing Miss Elizabeth complains about is the “stink” of black powder! :)

Play golf? Ya gotta be kiddin? :barf:

heres a noval idea. teach her to shoot. best thing i did was teach my lady how to shoot.

Loki said:
Sir,

I do believe that you have the right of it. The simplest (but not cheapest) solution would be to take her with you. Does she shoot? If not, then teach her. That way you spend time with her, and she gets to be 'involved' with your having fun.

Of course this does have the downside that she will acquire a few of your guns in the process...

Regards,
Loki
This is the truth! My lady bought me a nice (non ML) handgun for our third anniversary. I taught her to shoot it and she took it back, its hers now. (The plus here is I did get another rather nice sidearm to replace it, which I don't let her shoot.. :wink: )
That was 14 years ago, and while she don't much like the ML, (stinks and too heavy for her liking) her only complaint when I want to go shooting is if I don't take her with!

Back