• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shooting too much? ? ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Play golf? Ya gotta be kiddin?

Well in the office where I was working about 7 years ago, if you wanted to have a conversation on Monday with anybody you had to have watched the golf match over the weekend. I was the only guy who didn't golf.

They would chide me on my shooting hobbies..., and I did the math, and found out that I spend waaaay less money than they did, and did more shooting than they did golfing.

So it's cheaper for a woman to be a hunting-widow than it is to be a golf-widow.

LD

Old Ford said:
If you want more shooting time, just tell the wife you want more sex.....you will get all the shooting time you want.
Old Ford
Won't work. I been hollering for more sex for 27 years!

That idea doesn't always work out either. I told her more sex or I'd go shootin' and I don't get to the range very often !!! However, come to think about it, everyone wants to know what I'm always up to with that big grin on my face........ :grin: Horserod

Seems like if a feller can remember his wife tellin him somthin-- he cain't be drinkin too much. Seems like.

Loyalist Dave said:
I have done the math, and it's cheaper for you to shoot once a month by far, than to play a round of golf each month, even if you only frequent municipal golf courses. LD

Funny, I never figured you for a golf man...

...goes to show how wrong you can be about a body, eh?

tac

AND..., you still haven't :haha: . About 8 years ago if I wanted to have a conversation with anybody on Monday in my office, I had to have watched the golf match over the weekend, or at minimum the final round on Sunday. Everybody else was a golf-nut there. When they chided me for not having played more than a single round of golf in my entire life (once was enough) and then chided me on my shooting habit...., I started to do the math. Even the guys who only played on the municipal golf courses spent waaay more money on golf than I did on hunting and shooting and living history. :thumbsup:

Oh and I announced my findings to the office at an office bar-b-que where in addition to the beef, I also cooked and served venison steaks and a feral hog tenderloin..., and of course pointed out that such fare was produced by my flintlock habit, and I had never been able to eat a golf ball. :haha:

They stopped bothering me about my shooting pasttimes.

LD

Back