• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

short Bess gets a fox.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I needed a challenge!
I wanted a Charlie with the Bess so all weekend been toting it.

Having to get close meant I kept getting busted!
I loaded ole' Bess with double powder and double the shot, course shot. Near 180grn of powder, yes, you do know it is going off!

Right on dark, nearly too dark this chap appears.
Struggling to see the bayonet lug as I aimed a said something to stop him.
Then the fire works started and the pipe bomb roared!
White flame and sparks everywhere!

28 strides distance.
B.

Nice shooting! Wish we had enough foxes around to hunt them. I rarely see a red fox, and have only seen 1 grey fox in several years. I think the coyotes kill them.

Britsmoothy said:
Right on dark, nearly too dark this chap appears.
Then the fire works started and the pipe bomb roared!
White flame and sparks everywhere! B.

Yep! I could see it from here. :shocked2:

I would be afraid to load all that powder, much less, fire it off.

I also like "big loads".....when the gun fires w/ a "big load", one knows it. I ceased shooting .22s a long time ago.....not much fun.

How does fox taste? Never ate one but......Fred

Yep that's pretty much what a red fox looks like on this side of the pond. My dad talks of hunting a red sided grey fox, but that was long ago. A town where I worked built a park and walking trail, complete with lights, and every night under almost every light you would find a fox catching bugs. We sat in our patrol cars and watched them thru our binos... :eek:ff

Good job, I hope you make a nice rug.

Eterry

Back