• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sibley book on horn making

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a copy and am in the process of making my first horn. The book is pretty good, with lots of illustrations and a good number of examples of originals and reproduction horns. I think it's a good investment for a novice like myself.

mike

I have it and realy like it has ansewered some questions for me like the pics very helpfull :imo:

where's a good source fer this book....i will be needed a good one soon..............bob

I have several how-to books on powder horns and the Sibley book is by far the best to come along in a long time...

:front: I got one and it's the best $20.00 bucks ($28.00 Canadian :crackup:) that I've spent in a while.I had made a few horns before getting the book, but it's never too late to learn , and there is plenty to learn from Scott Sibley. Lot's of great pictures, and ideas .
Order today you won't be sorry :m2c:
Soggy

IF you google the book's authors (Scott and Cathy Sibley)you may be able to find their classified ad in Muzzleloader magazine. They're offering autographed copies for $23 including postage, direct from the authors' home in Powell, Wyo. I sent my check a few days ago.

It's a real nice book. I used it to make my horn that I posted in here about 2 weeks ago. My horn
I ordered my from track of the wolf(the printer) and it made here in 3 days like all of my orders I placed with them so far.
Lehigh..

dixon's in kempton PA....if so i'll be there fer there fair in july so i could pick it up when i'm there :thumbsup: ..............bob

:thumbsup: Hats off to the Sibleys. Their book is the best book out to date on making powder horns. Great photos, easy to understand step by step instructions. Some beautiful photos of original and reproduced horns. Have made a few horns along the way, but the Sibley book offers some new ideas and techniques. :thanks:

The book is so well done and thourough that even the rankest beginner can feel comfortable in building his first horn.

Back