• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Simple bench rest by wulf

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

widget350

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Here is a bench rest that wulf wanted to share:

"Easy to make...no plans necessary....saves relying on range supplies...Good for long guns and short guns
[pistols]. Total cost: scrap wood."

IMG_0450_1.jpg

IMG_0451_2.jpg

IMG_0452_3.jpg

OK. Call me dense. I'm not tracking on how this should work. Do you have a photo this being used, or maybe with a gun in it?

Tkendrick said:
OK. Call me dense. I'm not tracking on how this should work. Do you have a photo this being used, or maybe with a gun in it?

From what I see, the "V" shaped thing has a piece of carpet or something to protect the guns forearm on top of it, the gun rests here. It is raised or lowered by the pin put in the holes of the piece with holes, probably an inch apart? Cool, looks like it should fit any bench no matter how tall or short it is. :thumbsup:

Only thing I can say is, if one can tote that to the range, why could'nt one just carry a sand bag, and common rest, which makes a much more secure and solid rest anyhow? I would also say that it appears to be an ingenius solution, to a non-existant problem. :confused:

Wick Ellerbe said:
Only thing I can say is, if one can tote that to the range, why could'nt one just carry a sand bag, and common rest, which makes a much more secure and solid rest anyhow? I would also say that it appears to be an ingenius solution, to a non-existant problem. :confused:

Yes and sand is heavy, I don't about you but I would have to have someone else pick up and carry a sand bag, atleast some that I have seen used for gun rests. Thats why I use an old lyman 3 legged height adjustable rest with a leather piece that sits on top of it. Hell of a lot lighter and easier for me to use than a sand bag.

extra points for neat design ... i wonder if it could be integrated into the top lid of a range box?

just a thought...

great idea... the heck with packing a heavy sand bag. that looks a lot lighter that sand and it don't get sand everywhere...

For serious shooting, sandbags used with the three legged rest is best, but not a must. What Swampy does is a lot more practical and easier to adjust than a rig like that, and the three legged rest can be adjusted with the gun in place.

Back