• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sitting Fox Gun Kits

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK

36 Cal.
Reaction score
After I get my lyman GPR done.. This winter I am looking for a good pistol kit..I found what I am looking for a NW Trade pistol in 20gauge flint.I was wondering how good are his kits.And if anyone has built a sitting fox kit I would like too here from you.

Thanks
Jason

Jason K said:
After I get my lyman GPR done.. This winter I am looking for a good pistol kit..I found what I am looking for a NW Trade pistol in 20gauge flint.I was wondering how good are his kits.And if anyone has built a sitting fox kit I would like too here from you.

Thanks
Jason

I built a Sitting Fox youth rifle for my son a few years back. I've worked on Wayne Dunlap and Tip Curtis kits so those are my point of reference.

I was looking for an inexpensive kit at the time and Ray Franks provided what I was looking for. The lock is a Chambers Queene Anne pistol lock, the barrel is a modified CVA and the stock is plain maple. The trigger and brass parts are good.

IMHO Ray offers a wider range of value that appeals to low end buyers. It really depends on the customer. In my case the CVA barrel and plain maple put this kit in my price range.

Lately I've noticed his order sheet includes the best componenets available combined with a wide variety of wood grades that equals other major suppliers.

I can tell you Sitting Fox customer service is good, delivery time is good, and follow up service is good with some kits available at very affordable prices. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Leo

Jason,

I bought a Sitting Fox French Type D pistol kit a few months ago. It is awaiting completion of my current rifle build right now. I was very impressed with the quality of the castings and wood in the kit. The barrel is a smooth .54 and is will require a bit of polishing but, otherwise it seems to be of decent quality. (I have no idea who makes this barrel.)

I have built three Dunlap Haines rifles, a Chambers Edward Marshall rifle, two ToW Lancasters, and have been to Dixon's so, I have some some data to use as comparison. I would order from Sitting Fox again, they were great to work with...

Dave

Latest posts

Back